Connect with Bend Mommy

Friday, June 21, 2013

Thai On the Fly, Bend OR

Thai on the Fly Bend Oregon

Um, so yeah, amazing!

That above is the pad Thai from Thai on the Fly, otherwise known as A Taste of Thailand, and it is oh so good! The portion sizes there are huge and make it seriously the BEST take out in town...maybe in any town! You might miss it if you blink. It is seriously in an alley by an XPress Lube. Crazy that such excellent food comes from such a strange little place. It's like finding the leprechaun at the end of a rainbow. Or maybe a better analogy would be the best crack dealer in a mysterious dark alley...except I don't do crack, I do Thai food, and the alley isn't really dark or mysterious, just a strange, random alley.

The pad Thai is a favorite, I mean look at all that chicken and veg! I have also loved the Tom-Kah-Gai and the Pineapple Chicken Red Curry is so sweet and delicious I dream about it at night. The pumpkin curry is divine and next time I'm getting the Satay. I've heard great things about the Satay.

Not quite sure what to get? No worries, sweet Kaew Sumner (the owner of this magical place) hands you little bowls of samplings through the window while you decide. What, what?!? Seriously, like I said...Amazing. A real treasure on the East side, which is convenient, since I currently reside on the East side.

The menu has some stand by's everyday and then different things everyday. Be sure to grab a menu from her when you go through so that your mouth can water until the next meal. And the prices? $8 each meal-grab two and have a fab date night picnic for less than $20.

I may or may not go twice in one day sometimes....

I mean a person has to eat lunch and dinner right?

I give it ten out of ten stars, and if you haven't tried it yet, please go there immediately. If you need a fix in the middle of the night, I would say come over and have some of my leftovers...but there are never any leftovers.

Thai on the Fly

Greenwood Ave. at 7th St.
Next to the Xpress Lube, don't blink, and you need to go around and go through the alley.
Mon.-Sat., 9 a.m.-8 p.m

No comments:

Post a Comment