Connect with Bend Mommy

Friday, May 31, 2013

Flatbread

My daughter and I had a girls night out this past Wednesday and she wanted to go to Flatbread Neapolitan Pizzeria. Wednesdays are a good night to go, they have free live music. It adds a lot of fun atmosphere.

My daughter  loves being able to make her own pizza. For $5.25 she gets her dough, sauce and cheese and gets to put it together herself. It comes with a warm cookie and a soda, so it's a pretty great value for a kids meal. She worked very hard on layering the sauce and cheese and then brought it over to the pizza chef's where she watched them put it into the big wood fire oven.

Live Music at Flatbread Pizza Make your own pizza at Flatbread Pizza

She was very impressed with her pizza making skills, and her pizza came out beautifully.

I ordered the Margherita  pizzette off their happy hour menu. I got it on the gluten free crust. I was really looking forward to eating this, because I hadn't had pizza since last August. I don't know if it was just mine, but I wasn't super impressed. I know gluten free crust is not going to be anything like regular pizza dough, but it tasted a little underdone and soggy in the middle and then crusty and burned on the edges. I didn't complain while I was there, because I wasn't sure if there was anything they could do about it. I will go back of course, my kids love this place...but I think I will stick with their salads instead of trying anything on the gluten free crust again.Gluten Free Pizza in Bend Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment